ILSC Education Group is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have a passion for telling compelling client and company stories, and a talent for taking complex information and making it understandable and appealing to an international audience; they will also have project management experience and comfort using CMS tools like WordPress or Drupal.
This dynamic position will include a range of writing and project coordination tasks for ILSC GlobalFoundations which focuses on foundation programs for international students who wish to enter US Higher Education institutions. The successful candidate will work closely with GlobalFoundations’ University partners, and plan and coordinate the development of a variety of online and offline marketing materials while maintaining brand consistency by adopting various writing styles and tone of voice. He/she will also work along with various other colleagues and stakeholders throughout the company, and will research, write and edit concise and compelling copy.
He/she will also help develop, coordinate and maintain ILSC GlobalfFoundation’s online presence including website(s) and key social media platforms.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director of GlobalFoundations.
If you’re a mature, curious and creative team player with a keen eye for editing detail and organization then you might be the person we’re looking for!
- Research and write clear, effective, compelling copy for marketing materials both on and offline
- Coordinate and manage various marketing projects (i.e. website, printing, advertising, events, campaigns, contests and more)
- Write and edit engaging web content while keeping SEO in mind, and manage content upload using CMS platforms
- Coordinate, edit, and/or write regular blog entries, newsletters, and email marketing campaigns
- Develop social content calendars, and collaborate to create engaging content to be shared across various platforms
- Plan and coordinate web development projects with internal web development staff and/or external companies.
- Ad hoc duties
- Proven experience writing great copy for PR, Advertising, Brand Communications and Social Media, and a demonstrated ability to write with different tones of voice and writing styles according to platform and audience
- University or College degree in English, Communications, or related field
- Project management experience, including for website planning and development
- Experience coordinating projects with outside printers, vendors, and contract companies, and/or internal staff, ensuring milestones and timelines are met
- Social Media management experience
- Experience with basic keyword research, for SEO-friendly content-writing
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Content Management Systems (CMS) like WordPress and Drupal preferred
- Basic HTML and CSS a strong asset
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly energetic, self-motivated and a team player
- Problem solver and creative thinker
Interested applicants should send us a résumé and cover letter with salary expectations. Please send a minimum of two samples of writing and/or any other samples that demonstrate strengths related to the roles described above.
Email subject: GF_Communications Coordinator_YOURNAME
Email resume and cover letter to: jobs.marketing[at]ilsc[dot]com
Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ILSC GLOBALFOUNDATIONS
ILSC GlobalFoundations was launched by international education experts with the goal of transforming the pathway model for US universities. Over 25 years, ILSC has earned a global reputation for excellence, having created transformative, award-winning experiences for over 200,000 students from more than 100 countries. We leverage this extensive expertise and a global reputation for integrity combined with transparent, shared governance. What results is a model that generates more value to our university partners faster. And always with an unwavering, proven commitment to long-term student success.
ILSC Education Group is a global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests, as well as new global developments in technology and thinking. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Teacher Training, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada in 1991, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.