This is a full-time position involving day-to-day administrative duties in both the student services and Co-Op departments such as filing, student follow-up, monitoring student paperwork, research, etc. The Administrative Assistant reports to the head of the Student Services department.
The job areas include, but are not limited to the following:
Student Services Duties:
- Gathering materials to be filed from admin and students
- Finding and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users
- Scanning or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Sorting or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Tracking students attendance.
- Tracking student progress while at ILSC and confirming levels before entering GC.
- Tracking missing PROLA scores for placement.
- Processing new registrations and ensuring required documents are submitted by students
- Following up on any missing documents (permits, LOA, LOE etc.) with registrars prior to student start date and after.
- Following up with students & the immigration consultant to make sure permits / extensions were applied for in a timely manner.
- Following up with students to make sure copies of the new permits for the student files were received.
- Excellent command of English; proficiency in other languages a definite asset.
- Detail oriented, productive and punctual.
- Business oriented with some office administration experience.
- Take initiative and have good work ethic with minimal supervision.
- Responsible, reliable and analytical.
- Strong computer skills and efficient in MS office.
- Friendly and professional.
- Ability to work with a team where integrity, trust, diversity, quality, and efficiency are highly valued.
- Experience in culturally diverse environments an asset.
- Excellent people, organization, and time management skills, detailed oriented with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday from 1PM - 9:30PM
*This is an evening shift position and candidates must be available to work all hours as outlined above.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Graham Arnold, Academic Director, at graham.arnold[at]greystonecollege[dot]com.
Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Greystone College is part of the ILSC Education Group, which has been offering students quality language learning and vocational training programs since 1991.
Greystone College is a private vocational school established in 2002, and is proud to deliver premier quality career and vocational training in a stimulating, cross-cultural environment. We offer vocational training programs in Business, Tourism and Hospitality, Interpreting and Translation, and TESOL, and have location in Vancouver, Toronto, and New Delhi.
Students who train at Greystone College enjoy a supportive, challenging and dynamic learning experience, and leave with career skills that enable them to complete and succeed in the changing global market.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.