ILSC is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Activities Coordinator! Our Activities Coordinator is responsible for planning the sessional calendar of extra-curricular activities, promoting these events and activities on campus, recruiting student participants and leading four activities per week. We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
**ILSC Teachers are welcome to apply; the position is designed to suit a C1-C2 teaching / afternoon activities-leading schedule.
- Organizing Monthly activities calendar for our AM and PM International students (5 days/wk + weekend trips)
- Reserve tickets and manage monthly activities budget
- Create internal marketing strategies to encourage student participation
- Ensure that all activities are led by teachers or staff
- Communication via telephone and email with tour companies, and ‘various outfitters’
- Networking with local outfitters
- Negotiating group rates from outfitters
- Organizing activities for groups and touring agents
- Ensuring that all students have a completed Waiver on file
- Taking pictures and video for ILSC Social Media accounts (Facebook and Instrgram)
- Sharing media with the Local Communications Coordinator
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and completing sessional reports
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- General office skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great amounts of energy and capacity to smile under pressure!
- Initiative and creativity
- Bilingualism an asset (Thai, Korean or Portuguese preferred, but open to other languages)
Start date: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 (paid training to begin ASAP)
Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-4:30pm (approx. 17.5 hours per week)
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to the School Director at ilscsf[at]ilsc[dot]com by Tuesday, September 19.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Language Training for Business, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform : We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.