Study English in Melbourne and you’ll soon realize why this hip city is one of the coolest places in the world, especially for an international student!
Seeing as our newest campus just opened here last month (which we’re ridiculously excited about – that, and the coffee of course) we thought we’d share three reasons why we think you should follow us here!
1. It’s the biggest student city in Australia
More than 30% of the total student population in Melbourne is made up of international students, which means there are over 60,000 international students who call Melbourne a home away from home. With numbers like this, there’s a very good chance you’ll meet some pretty cool people, from some very cool places!
2. It’s ranked the 2nd best student city in the world
According to the QS Best Student Cities Index, Melbourne is the 2nd best student city in the world (and we’re guessing 60,000 international students agree), just behind Paris. Now that’s a pretty compelling fact! The study, which ranks cities on affordability, employment opportunities, lifestyle, universities and student communities, listed Melbourne as number one for student mix, which just goes to show how incredibly diverse the city is!
3. It’s Australia’s cultural hub
Australian cities don’t get much more cultured than Melbourne, which explains why it’s earned the title as the country’s culture capital! If you’re a culture-seeker then this is the place for you. The museums and art galleries are are beyond impressive, the music and comedy calendar is full all year round and there are endless bars, cafes and restaurants to discover – no matter what your taste is.
And here’s just a little bit about our fancy, new, and totally hip school, in the centre of Melbourne’s CBD (Central Business District… Australia’s version of downtown):
- It’s right on Spencer Street, which is directly across from the Southern Cross Railway station, the main hub for getting pretty well anywhere in, and out of Melbourne.
- It’s ridiculously close to some of Melbourne’s most delicious coffee shops, cafés & restaurants, and there’s no shortage of shopping options nearby
- It has a seriously cool space to hang out when you’re not hard at work in class – there’s a foosball table, flat screen TVs, a very speccy student kitchen (“speccy” is Australian slang for “impressive”) and the list goes on!
If you eager to find out more, which we wouldn’t blame you, visit our website! Or if you’re in Melbourne and want to check out our school we would love to see you at our Open House next month! Here are the details:
ILSC-Melbourne Open House
When: Thursday, 14 July 2016 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM (AEST)
Where: Level 7, 120 Spencer St, Melbourne 3000, Australia